[Bf-committers] Official Automated Builds

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 01:37:56 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Brecht Van Lommel
<brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks everyone who's offering help.
>
> On the buildbot side, there's two things that may need some attention:
>
> * We need build steps to upload builds to the server, keeping the last
> n builds and removing others.
> * Adding accounts and build steps must be done by editing the
> configuration file on the server, which means everything has to go
> through me or someone else with access. Not sure if there's a good way
> around it though.
>
> On the build system side, we need:
>
> * Steps for how to build fully correct releases, which options to use.
> * Automatic packaging, it seems some work needs to be done here, e.g.
> "make package" for cmake is not working for me.
>
> For people who want to contribute build slaves:
>
> * Wait until we have buildbot running on the server, then I'll give
> instructions on how to set things up.
>
> Thanks,
> Brecht.

Hi, for a while I did graphicall autobuilds (linux 32/64bit and
win32/mingw), until my internet was reduced to sub-dial-up speeds from
too many build uploads :(.

Some notes...
* svn corruptions were an occasional problem for me, maybe once or
twice a week I'd get one one of my working copies corrupt, this is
unlikely but the more configurations/branches etc the greater the
chance of a problem with one of them - this was also my experience
with the durian renderfarm which used svn on all nodes.
  Of course to start with we can not bother with this, but it would be
useful to have an svn wrapper script which ensures an up to date svn
no matter what.

* Heres the python building script I used
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Ideasman42/PyBuildBot\
  perhaps helpful if anyone wants to automate build + uploads.

* Important to note when autobuilds were last update, their revision /
date on the download page.

* debian, rpm & pacman package building worked last I checked. for mac
I don't think anyone tested this properly.

--
- Campbell