[Bf-committers] Official Automated Builds

pete larabell xgl.asyliax at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 04:14:05 CET 2011

I can do automated builds for FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE i386, and soon
amd64. As of Friday python32 for BSD/amd64 was still a link to
python31, but BSD/i386 has proper python32.

I can also have a system in place to detect build failures.

If BF does go the VirtualBox route (which I'd prefer since that what I
use for many machines already) I can make both i386 and amd64 FreeBSD
virtuals, and I can maintain them.

Will be looking tomorrow for a way to get amd64 builds working again.

As a side note:

I currently have my own little automated build system in place for
ubuntu 10.10 x86_32 and x86_64 and FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE i386 and
(broken due to aforementioned python32) amd64. A cron job on each VBox
runs an svn up, does needed cmake-ing, and make-ing + make
install-ing. I don't currently have the "build failed" detection
system built, but I could write something in Perl that'd check that
pretty easily. (or is using Perl frowned on by many python people
here? xD )

Cheers
Peter

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Brecht Van Lommel