[Bf-committers] Official Automated Builds
letterrip at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 20:52:18 CET 2011
On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Brecht Van Lommel
<brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:
> Hi all,
> In the meeting Ton proposed to do official automated builds, that are
> built and uploaded every day or every few hours. These should
> effectively be the same as release builds, and could even be used as
> official releases.
> To start, some questions for platform maintainers:
> * Do you have time to set up or help someone else set up such a system
> for your platform?
Brecht - some questions
1) Will it be one of scons/cmake and one of gcc/llvm/msvc per
platform? Or most of the 'typical' - scons and cmake are both used
regularly on most of the supported architectures/systems.
2) Will it be all of the stuff for a typical release (ie blenderplayer
also, and all included libs)
3) Will release optimizations be included?
4) will debug builds also be created?
5) down the road would be useful to run clang static analysis and
compare it with some base line so new potential bugs can be spotted.
(Hmm do tenderbox et al support clang output?)
Just some thoughts,
More information about the Bf-committers