[Bf-committers] Blender cmake build/execute issues

Erwin Coumans erwin.coumans at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 17:42:32 CET 2011

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I just tried to build Blender
trunk, and run it,
but Blender crashes because it can't find the scripts and startup.blend

Info: Config directory with "startup.blend" file not found.
Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load the file system codec
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding

I don't want to 'install' Blender system-wide, because I'm compiling and
running
several different Blender versions next to eachother, using cmake
out-of-source builds in various locations.

1) Is there no copy step that copies the scripts (etc) next to the
executable,
    for example using a cmake copy_if_different command?

ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND( TARGET AppOpenCLClothDemo  POST_BUILD
COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} ARGS -E copy_if_different
${BULLET_PHYSICS_SOURCE_DIR}/GLUT32.DLL ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}
)

If there is no such copy step, what files/folders do we need to copy
manually?

2) Everytime you build, the project buildinfo is out-of-date and it tries to
build it again. Is this really necessary?
Thanks,
Erwin