[Bf-committers] Updated Camera patch

Ejner Fergo ejnersan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:19:06 CET 2011

Hola all,

I have updated Matt Ebb's patch for adjustable camera sensor sizes.
There's also a few changes of my own, so now it is possible to get/set
the vertical FOV (mostly important for import/export).

Link:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=127&aid=24427&group_id=9

With this patch I believe the Blender Camera is finally where it
should have been, having the bare essentials.

Besides more advanced features which requires changes to the rendering
engine and elsewhere (aperture, shutter, lens distortion, tracking,
etc), the only missing feature now is Distance_Affects_FOV. I tried to
include this but hit my head on a wall. I don't know how to get the
correct distance, and what to do about Scale Units?

In any case I hope you will consider including this updated camera.

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

/Ejnersan