[Bf-committers] Blender linux console errors

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 01:53:51 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 12:39 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to Campbell for the python script fix! Now the next problem. I
> have no clue what's causing this. When I exit blender I get a BUNCH of
> the following (more than I have scrollback history):
>

> C++/anonymous len: 16 0x3839868
> C++/anonymous len: 16 0x3839ce8
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383adc8
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383ae38
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383aea8
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383af18
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383af88
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383aff8
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383b068
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383b0d8
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383b148
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383b1b8
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383b228
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383b298
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383b308
> C++/anonymous len: 32 0x383b378
> GHOST:GHOST_IEvent len: 40 0x3aaa498
>
> Any clue where to start?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Short is answer, no bug, disable WITH_CXX_GUARDEDALLOC.

Long answer: WITH_CXX_GUARDEDALLOC is off by default and not in the
standard view (you need to toggle advanced), which I did so people
didn't turn it on by accident :).
This is a debugging option which enables #ifdefs to override many
C++'s allocators with our C malloc replacement which complains of
unfreed memory.

These 'C++/anonymous len: 16 0x3839ce8', can be ignored since they are
variables like...
  STR_String emptyString= "";
in the main body of C++ source and not worth the trouble to manually free.

'GHOST:GHOST_IEvent len: 40 0x3aaa498' could be a leak but I'd not
worry about it unless they accumulate.

- Campbell