[Bf-committers] Blender console errors

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 22:05:54 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running svn 35439 with reverse patches for python 3.1 and I get
> the following when running blender on Fedora 14 x86_64.
>
> The GLX errors are due to running over remote ssh/X forwarding.
>
> $ blender @> blender.log
> Xlib:  extension "NV-GLX" missing on display "localhost:10.0".
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/share/blender/2.56/scripts/modules/bpy/utils.py", line
> 51, in _test_import
>    mod = __import__(module_name)
>  File "<string>", line None
> SyntaxError: can not delete variable 'trylens' referenced in nested scope
> X Error of failed request:  GLXBadCurrentWindow
>  Major opcode of failed request:  148 (GLX)
>  Minor opcode of failed request:  144 ()
>  Serial number of failed request:  9760
>  Current serial number in output stream:  9766
>
> Is the error with utils.py a real error or another Python 3.2 issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

This is a fix for a language feature which worked in python2.x,
broken/unsupported in 3.1 and added back in 3.2.

See: Previously it was illegal to delete a name from the local
namespace if it occurs as a free variable in a nested block
http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/3.2.html#other-language-changes

Since the script was ported straight from python 2.3 -> 3.2 I didn't
notice this.

Its odd that your not getting a proper traceback, if I add in a
SyntaxError it reports the file and line number, could be a problem
with this specific error not giving a traceback in py3.1 since I never
had this problem even before the upgrade.

Commenting release/scripts/op/uvcalc_lightmap.py:278 should fix it.