[Bf-committers] freebsd, blender, glew, glu ~ error

pete larabell xgl.asyliax at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 20:43:26 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

As it turns out, I spoke too soon yesterday saying the problem was resolved,
as now I've put more time into it and it is not resolved.

The error I'm getting is as follows:

When doing a straight compile after svn up:

I get

/usr/local/include/GL/glu.h:287: error: function declaration isn't a
prototype

If I then comment (in ~/blender-svn/blender) CMakeLists.txt the line for
checking strict-protoypes, I get much further into the compile, and then
get:

~/blender-svn/blender/extern/glew/src/glew.c:1358: error: expected '=', ',',
';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__glewGetPointervEXT'

There was a semi-fix that adding (void) to two declarations in the system's
/usr/local/include/GL/glu.h and /usr/local/include/GL/glew.h but that
introduces new errors and for obvious reasons isn't a good way to fix the
error.

Anyone out there with enough knowledge about blender's glew that could give
me a hand with this one???

Thanks!
Peter