[Bf-committers] A big problem with python 3.2

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 00:33:16 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For binary distros you can include a static python too. This should
> cover most of Linux user cases?
> Source distros are a different topic... but for that a dependency with
> Python 3.2 sources can be added?

For now I got around it by checking out the last SVN revision that
didn't require Python 3.2 which was 35385 and manually created a patch
for the blenderplayer install issue. It built fine and I tested
remotely but it was too slow to be sure. It did fix the errors I was
getting to the console so that's promising.

Fedora is on a 6 month release schedule with only 2 versions being
supported so F14 only has <1 year left and F15 will have python 3.2 so
I think I'll just wait it out unless I find a bug fix which I can
backport.

Richard