[Bf-committers] SVN 35405 compile problem

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:23:17 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Tobias Oelgarte
<tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I had the same problems of missing prototypes for functions as i tried
> to build with 3.1 with just overwriting (ignoring) the checks. That
> basically means, that this functions are not available in 3.1 but in
> 3.2, which then might lead to a broken build, since the "native"
> function, that can't be called, is replaced with a dummy.

Then I guess I'm kinda stuck for Fedora 14 which only ships with 3.1.

I'm still learning SVN. Is there a way to determine what is the
highest revision that will still build under Python 3.1? I'll just
patch that one up the best I can and call it a day until I upgrade to
Fedora 15 when it gets released.

I guess the other option is to bundle 3.2 but Fedora (and Linux
distros in general) frowns on that.

Thanks,
Richard