[Bf-committers] A big problem with python 3.2

Dave Plater dplater at webafrica.org.za
Tue Mar 8 13:33:25 CET 2011

I've now found that blender no longer builds with python 3.1 at all.
This creates a problem that the latest blender is in the graphics devel
project and python 3.2 is in devel:languages:python:Factory so in order
to install blender the user also has to enable the
devel:languages:python:Factory repository because that is the only place
it is available, the just released 11.4 still has python 3.1 which from
what I have read is the same in Ubuntu, Fedora and most probably Mandriva.
Please can blender be made to build with python 3.1 again.

Thanks
Dave P