[Bf-committers] Moving to Python 3.2.x

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 7 15:39:33 CET 2011

I installed the python 3.2 packages on Ubuntu 10.10 from 11.04. No big
deal so far. Some dependecies (as written before), but nothing serious.
In needed to append "mu" in my case and it build with some minor
warnings (as usual).

But now i'm stuck. Blender fails at the start with the following message:

found bundled python:
/media/Trekstor_01/temp/blender-build/cmake/bin/2.56/python
Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: Unable to get the locale encoding
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding
Aborted

Any idea what might be the reason and how to fix it?