[Bf-committers] Moving to Python 3.2.x

rsaavedra at ono.com rsaavedra at ono.com
Mon Mar 7 14:16:07 CET 2011

Hi,
  I compile blender once o twice a week, but today I got this
error:

#error "Python versions below 3.1 are not supported anymore,
you'll need to update your python."

  That keep me wondering what the
problem was, until I realized that in blender/python/intern/bpy_util.h
there was this check:

#if PY_VERSION_HEX <  0x03020000
#error "Python
versions below 3.1 are not supported anymore, you'll need to update
your python."
#endif

  Please, someone fix the message :)

  By the
way, I downloaded and compiled python 3.2 and then I had to put
BF_PYTHON_VERSION = '3.2m' in user-config.py .

  After that it
copiled without problems and runned. I haven't tested blender yet to
find if this  breaks anything.