[Bf-committers] bump mapping - white is down & black is up???

Morten Mikkelsen mikkelsen7 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 19:12:51 CET 2011

> >The way it works now in Blender is just ancient convoluted history.

My understanding is that with oldbump (2.49) it never really worked?
Meaning it would flip the effect from in to out and vice versa as you
bank/rotate the surface relative to the camera right?
In which case a consistent choice wasn't really made until newbump from last
year which as you say
was an abandoned project by the author himself because it was too faulty or
tough to manage or whatever.
Assuming my understanding of history is correct? Then it seems to me we're
not really violating any long withstanding tradition
by applying the patch.

Morten.