[Bf-committers] Collada import support

Sukhitha Jayathilake pr.jayathilake at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 06:45:49 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,

I'm the student who is working on the GSoC project to improve animation
support. It's always great to have extra hands at work on blender collada
development. :)
Yes, the blender collada system is still in need of improvement in export as
well as import. The current state of the Blender/COLLADA architecture is
here :
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Architecture/COLLADA

One of my special concerns is improving the armature im/export system.
Currently I've basically improved armature animations to a
satisfactory state. But it's worthless without correct armature support. So
it will be great If you can focus on that area too.

Contact us in #blendercollada channel on irc. Like to discuss more on the
current state and areas in need of improvement.

Cheers!
phabtar