[Bf-committers] FFMPEG Problem on Linux (Yes, I think it is a Blender problem).

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:48:30 CEST 2011

Carsten Wartmann wrote:

> Yes I am building my own blender with scons on Ubuntu 10.04.
>
> ffplay and blender seems to use the same libs:
>
> http://pasteall.org/22804
Hrm, quite old library. We've got quite the same problem when we've
tried to upgrade ffmpeg library year ago or so. That's why we've been
using "special" magic library which hasn't got such problem. It was
created from specified ffmpeg revision or so.

Not sure if it's really bug in Blender. I'm not maintaining that part of
Blender, but probably trying to fix it could pbreak something else.
> I think a official build will not be different because it uses the
> system libs on linux anyway.
That's not true. If you'll be using builds from
http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/ or from
http://builder.blender.org/download/ then ffmpeg from my build
environment would be used. I've checked that "pixelization" issues when
was setting up environment and there was no such problems (i've been
using different video, but when i've been using older ffmpeg it've got
quite the same distortions).

Would be useful to know if release builds from blender.org or nighlty
builds from builder.blender.org works fine for you.
--
With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin