[Bf-committers] FFMPEG Problem on Linux (Yes, I think it is a Blender problem).

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Wed Jun 29 13:13:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

I reported it before but still I can not use Blender on Linux/Ubuntu 64
for Videoediting:

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?group_id=9&atid=498&func=detail&aid=21284

This bug was closed because it seemed that the problem was in the system
FFMPEG.

Todays tests (using a own scons build from today) seems to me that there
must be a problem in Blender. Here is the result in Blender:

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/14349

No matter if I use the sequencer or map the movie onto a plane. See the
jagged edges (seems like some dithering).

So far so good, could be still a ffmpeg bug? Same clip in ffplay:

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/14350

Much better (same in VLC which is not using ffmpeg I think, and also no
Problem on WinXP and Blender).

So I am still not 100% sure, but ANY help not to need to boot windows to
make some videowork is appreciated, especially with the procx code from
Peter.

Greetz,
Carsten
--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/