[Bf-committers] Better approaches to Defocus?

michael williamson michaelw at cowtoolsmedia.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 21:11:30 CEST 2011

In general I agree, I love the group node stuff, but when both node
types are sortof related and need the zbuffer as input and essentially
destroy it making it unusable for the other it seems to make a lot of
sense to combine in this case.

You could have 3 separate nodes... dof, vector blur and both... or it
could be a single node with 3 modes... it needn't be cluttered or have
any extra overhead for the unused stuff...

Dof and motion blur are extremely common things to use together the user
shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get them to play nice...

I guess there's an argument for shipping a library of node groups too...
but that's another topic.