[Bf-committers] Drag and drop parenting patch

Vox Lapin voxelbunny at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 16:30:49 CEST 2011

I like it!

Usability:
I dragged a parented object to blank space in the outliner; my intuition
told me that would "un-parent" the object, but it doesn't. This is sort of a
special case -- it's not often that the outliner even has blank space below
it -- so I didn't really expect this would work. What I did expect to work
was dragging the parented object onto Scene to "un-parent" it. There doesn't
seem to be a way to put an object "back", not under another object, which I
see as a shortcoming.
There is one behavior that I miss from OS file browsers: an outline node
popping open when the user drag-hovers over it. That's just icing though.

Related:
I've always wanted to be able to reassign the order of entries in the
outliner in the graph editor. (That being said, I can think of a lot more
important things to devote time to.)