[Bf-committers] Better approaches to Defocus?

j.bakker at atmind.nl j.bakker at atmind.nl
Tue Jun 28 10:08:59 CEST 2011

Hi Troy,

the main differences are the luminosity / saturation and the brushes.

The brushes I already have an idea (required for the compositor branch),
the luminosity/saturation is something I didn't had an idea about, but this
can't be that difficult.

I think that if this needs to be implemented it could be implemented with
backwards compatibility with the current defocus node.

I currently don't see that many difference as in implementation between the
focus blur and blender's defocus.

Also as you pointed out, the defocus node is needed even if cycles can do a
better job on this. There are many cases you need to do this inside the
compositor.

Jeroen.