[Bf-committers] a quick question on pydoc, epydoc, rst and doxygen

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 06:53:01 CEST 2011

Hey Dalai, to avoid adding chunks of python example scripts in our
C/C++ code I've added automatic example inclusion in generated docs.

You can just add:
./doc/python_api/examples/aud.py

If you want to include some formatted text explaining the example, the
first comment is included as text in the generated docs (see
bpy.types.Operator.py)

If you want multiple examples you can add aud.1.py, aud.2.py, etc.

To generate docs look at the header:
 doc/python_api/sphinx_doc_gen.py

currently its not working on windows because it uses ctypes to get
some strings from blender.

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 4:09 AM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I wanted to add an intro to audaspace ala the ones we have for bge modules.
> I don't know how to test it though, so I would appreciate some help here.
>
> The patch is:
> http://www.pasteall.org/22723/diff
>
> The "..code block" syntax I got from the .rst files. I'm not sure if it's
> the same syntax as doxygen uses when parsing the PyDoc strings.
> How to test it? Feel free to commit if this is correct.
>
> Thanks,
> Dalai

- Campbell