[Bf-committers] A new photo format

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 17:04:29 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 2:39 AM, Lars Krueger <lars_e_krueger at gmx.de> wrote:
> This is a problem that can be solved by money: Get an SLR, a decent set of lenses and a professional flash. It won't reduce the failed pictures to zero, but quite a lot. I saw this when I switched from compact to SLR.

This is ironic since the whole point of a point-and-shoot camera is to
just point and shoot.

Closer to the topic at hand.  A script could probably be written to
make files compatible with this new format.  Sounds like it would have
to render 16 lower resolution images from different angles then munge
them together in some way.  There may be some lens distortion or
something I'm not even considering but it doesn't seem too difficult.
The only thing is I don't see it as anything except a novelty.