[Bf-committers] Visibility of attribution

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:16:04 CEST 2011

Hi Alex,
last time I remember this been brought up was for Blender 2.49.
In the occasion we had some sponsored contributions and a solution was:

1) to add a name + link in the contributors page:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Template:Release_Notes/2.49/Contributors

2) to add credit+thank notes in the header of the source files:
e.g. header of KX_Dome.cpp and KX_Dome.h read:
#################
Contributor(s): Dalai Felinto
This source uses some of the ideas and code from Paul Bourke.
Developed as part of a Research and Development project for SAT - La Societe
des arts technologiques.
#################

3) include a node with no link/logo in the wiki page of the feature:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Source/GameEngine/2.49/Fisheye_Dome_Camera

4) add a note in the commit log (don't remember now what it said, but
probably "this feature was implemented with the partial support from ....")

My client was happy, Blender Foundation was happy, and me, well, I couldn't
care less ;) I was happy that everyone was happy. But I guess it doesn't
hurt to be acknowledged on your work. In my humble opinion this is enough
credit.

--
Dalai