[Bf-committers] Smooth shading could be better (compared to C4D)

Andreas Galster andreas_galster at hotmail.de
Fri Jun 17 00:00:40 CEST 2011

http://artworkforge.com/blender-smooth.jpg
http://artworkforge.com/c4d-smooth.jpg

With beveled corners C4D is definitely the winner. See the star like shading in Blender? Not very pretty.
At the flat area C4D is displaying it a little bit better. But in general C4D is displaying this better. The model I received from my workmate (can't show) has some really ugly artifcts in Blender, whereas you can' or barely can see them in C4D.

PS: Both edge split behaviours have been set to the same value of 80 (although this doesn't really matter with this model).

Andreas Galster