[Bf-committers] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [37537] branches/soc-2011-pepper: == Simple Title Cards for Sequencer ==

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Thu Jun 16 12:35:44 CEST 2011

Hi Algorith,

don't you think, we should add some other extensions to
blender, that make it possible, to script something like this with Python?

Problem is: you wrote a *very* special solution for a
very special problem you had, and I'd like to keep the
sequencer core clean and simple.

Would be cool, if you could specify a SCENE as template and only fill in
parameters.

Add some tweaks to the SCENE strip, that make it optionally render to
files by default, add template parameters for the SCENE strip and there
we go.

Then your title cards will end up as ONE additional scene as template and
template parameters to edit within the strip.

That is in the long run a much better solution, since you give people the
freedom to make title cards or even fancy title cards as they like.

You can add a Python script, that wraps this all nicely, so that you can
add some default title cards / whatever. (Which could add a template SCENE
automagically.)

BTW: I personally use additional scenes within the same file, length 1,
which get extruded and animated properly. That way, the SCENE is rendered
once into the memory cache and the cached result is animated (with fades
etc.)

If I didn't get the problem correctly, just let me know. I really like to
work out a generic solution for that!

Cheers,
Peter

----