[Bf-committers] Tool Shelf Toggling On/Off Tab Mockup

Felix Schlitter felixschlitter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:59:30 CEST 2011

I couldn't agree more with Michael. Hotkeys for restoring headers, or
locking them would be wonderful!

And on topic: I also never use the toolshelf for anything during modelling
other than getting access to the operator panel. F6 is awesome but it would
be more convenient to have it sitting in a compact shelf (especially for
complex operators like the tree generator and stuff).

I like the proposal, however it would mean that the user has to learn yet
another hotkey or move the mouse all the way over. Atm, I kinda like the
whole N/T hotkey scenario where I press the T, which lays on the left side
of the keyboard (for english keyboards anyway) to hide the left sidebar and
vice versa.

Maybe a "Maya toolshelf" could be taken into consideration, which sits on
top of the screen and can also be hidden like a header. Then we could use
icons instead of text in order to save space. We would just need to make
sure that the icons are a bit more self explanatory than those used in Maya.
Then the operator would sit in the left sidebar by itself, or could get
company some of the items from the right toolbar.

Just an idea