[Bf-committers] Tool Shelf Toggling On/Off Tab Mockup

Luke Frisken l.frisken at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 15:10:40 CEST 2011

Nice idea. It is an issue that needs improvement.
I only have one suggestion. Instead of vertical writing, which as you
say would take work to implement, perhaps the use of clear and
appropriate icons might be easier to recognise in a hurry than writing
turned on the side. I think this is important. Square icons would also
use up much less screen real estate. Although it might take a little
more effort to learn what the icons mean, I think the benefits would
outweigh that. Also tooltips when you hover the mouse over them would
certainly help to alleviate that possible problem.

Luke

On 6/12/11, Jonathan Smith <j.jaydez at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have written up a mockup/proposal on a different way to do the closing and
> opening of the Tool Shelf and Properties Shelf UI, other than using the
> little plus icons, on my talk page.
>
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=User_talk:JayDez
>
> I am, unfortunately, not a good enough coder to actually implement this, so
> I'm just putting it out there as an idea, either for another coder to
> implement, or just to promote discussion about the way this works, since I
> don't think that it is done very well in the current version of Blender.
>
> Any comments on or critiques of the mock up would be welcome.
>
> Cheers,
> Jonathan

Sent from my mobile device