[Bf-committers] About bug 27570 (applying modifiers when disabled in 3D views)

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 8 16:53:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

in http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=27570

…quarkdoll put an interesting subject on the table, IMO :

Should we allow a modifier to be applied, even when it is not enabled
for 3D views ?

This can become important in situations like heavy booleans, as
computing might take several tens of minutes (if not even more). In this
case, having to wait twice (first for display, then for apply) is quite
frustrating…

I proposed a patch allowing apply even when real-time is disabled.

On the other hand, if we should keep current behavior, we should at
least disable the apply buttons when real-time is disabled, as suggested
by Ton.

Cheers,
Bastien