[Bf-committers] Incorrect fsf street addresses in licence files

Dave Plater dplater at webafrica.org.za
Tue Jun 7 22:19:51 CEST 2011

Hi, I just thought I'd pass this on, openSUSE build service now has a licence check on the fly for packages and it produced this message
with blender-2.57b, I usually just insert a downloaded license with the spec file :
blender-doc.noarch: W: incorrect-fsf-address /usr/share/doc/packages/blender/GPL-license.txt
blender.x86_64: W: incorrect-fsf-address /usr/share/blender/2.57/scripts/addons/modules/extensions_framework/util.py
blender.x86_64: W: incorrect-fsf-address /usr/share/blender/2.57/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/coat.py
blender.x86_64: W: incorrect-fsf-address /usr/share/blender/2.57/scripts/addons/game_engine_save_as_runtime.py
blender.x86_64: W: incorrect-fsf-address /usr/share/blender/2.57/scripts/addons/system_blend_info.py
blender.x86_64: W: incorrect-fsf-address /usr/share/blender/2.57/scripts/addons/space_view3d_3d_navigation.py
The Free Software Foundation address in this file seems to be outdated or
misspelled.  Ask upstream to update the address, or if this is a license file,
possibly the entire file with a new copy available from the FSF.

It's usually an old GPL-2.0 license. There will also be a full legal review when I've eventually coaxed python-3.2 into factory and then
11.4 because blender hasn't been reviewed before, it's a virtual minefield when you actively maintain all multimedia. I believe it's an
inter distro move to become legally "Free Software Foundation". That's why I haven't had a chance to patch blender-2.57b for python 3.1 and
it's only available from my home repo along with python3-3.2 :
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/plater:/blender/openSUSE_11.4
There's also a 1 click install :
http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/home:plater:blender/openSUSE_11.4/blender.ymp?base=openSUSE%3A11.4&query=blender

Regards