[Bf-committers] Patch: Adaptive time step for fluid particles

Alex Fraser adfries at vpac.org
Tue Jun 7 05:15:53 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Matt Ebb" <matt at mke3.net>
>
> What he means is that if you run two sims with the exact same
> settings, will
> the results be exactly the same? This is pretty important.

Ah, good point. I think the answer is yes, but this discussion makes me realise that there's a problem with the way state is stored between frames. If two objects share the same particle settings, the results will differ; but if you make the particle settings single user and keep the parameters the same, the results will be the same. I'll see what I can do about that.

Cheers,
Alex

--
Alex Fraser