[Bf-committers] Changelogs for shorter release cycles

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:24:11 CEST 2011

As the subject states, It would  be nice to keep up with changelogs for blender,
Release logs with fancy pictures are great but for users who want to
know about more detailed changes in certain areas of blender I think
its good to list note-worthy changes in each release too.

For the minor point releases we have these 2 examples which I'd like
to follow as a general template.

  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/changelog_257a
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/changelog_257b

M.G. Kishalmi - (lmg) and myself started the 2.58 changelog based on
commits in trunk 36335:37030

  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/changelog_258

I'd like to know if anyone else is interested in helping write/revise
the changelog since it would be better shared between a few people
Getting all the fixes and improvements and arranging into sections
isn't so time consuming but many of the descriptions could be
re-worded from the original tracker report or commit log.

Also, developers may want to give some more detail to the newly added
features section:

  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/changelog_258#Additions:

--
- Campbell