[Bf-committers] new dependencies for (spacenav / ndof / 3D mouse) support

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 06:48:12 CEST 2011

> connect failed: No such file or directory
> ndof: spacenavd not found

Same error on my end! It seems the spacenavd 0.3 package for Ubuntu
does not set up the init script properly. Looking at the source, both
versions use the same path to the socket file, so I'm sure you could
get it to work with some fiddling. But since you're already mucking
around on the command line, I recommend installing the latest
spacenavd from source, as I just did on Ubuntu 10.04:

Get spacenavd 0.5 from
http://spacenav.sourceforge.net/

expand and cd into its directory

./configure
make
sudo make install
sudo ./setup_init

restart, enjoy!

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire