[Bf-committers] 2.6 Release Cycle Proposal

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 14:54:17 CEST 2011

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> More-over, I prefer to stick to a serious effort to always keep trunk stable, at any time. Only on well defined moments (branch mergers, patch applying) we can accept a really short while of instability.
Would Mango team work in separated from trunk branch? Or artists would
work with stable trunk and develoeprs wouldn't be necessery? :)
> What Campbell proposes - to freeze as short as possible - I rather see happen then. This whole 'a' release tradition should go away once too.
It can't be handled by developers/builder only. Even if we'll provide
builds week, two week before official release it wouldn't be tested
well… Remember our rc period -- nobody reported real regressions (even
crash) during rc.
Our old idea which isn't still implemented and which is related on
"testers" team. It'll help a lot, imo.
> One of the ways to solve it is by getting our release team (or the buildbut) to make more often official builds available.
All that linux builds which are building with buildbot are official.
Exactly the same environment is used for building it.

--
With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin