[Bf-committers] review for fix on materials.pop()/materials.append()

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 11:06:54 CEST 2011

Hi,
bug description and patch in:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=28111&group_id=9

It's a small and simple patch, but I'm checking for specific datablock types
in the functions (i.e. if (GS(id->name) == ID_ME) ) and I'm not so confident
this is the best way to go. Until now the functions are all dealing with the
datablock type in a generic way (e.g. by using  give_matarar_id(ID *id)).

An alternative (slightly more elegant) is to add a function give_mesh_id(ID
*id) which returns a Mesh or null. Or even a "give_data_id(id, ID_ME)".

feedback (not sure who is maintaining this) is welcome,
thanks
Dalai