[Bf-committers] Blender

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Fri Jul 29 03:01:41 CEST 2011

On Jul 27, 2011, at 1:43 PM, Ivano Arrighetta <ivano.arrighetta at gmail.com> wrote:
> I were hoping in a mix between a tts, a vocoder and a piano roll.

Right, well as said by others here you can use the existing ones together with Blender.

> Yes, the idea is about midi sequencing in blender and sound playing with ladspa and external synths, if possible routing back the output to the sequencer.

People have sometimes done midi stuff with Blender with Python, pymidi and such. Mostly for VJing with midi controllers with the game engine for visuals. And nowadays using OSC (midi for 2000s), but AFAIK still for external controller input and not for sequencing.

> It's unlike, but really useful for working alone. This way a single application should have be learned to do everything.
> I could help with technical audio details since i can synth, but no coding.

This list is not for feature requests, but we can continue the discussion somewhere .. If you wanna make a feat request wiki page or a forum post or something .. Am looking forward to finding out more about what you are actually after.

Also I think it's better to just use the music apps for music. But integration for animation purposes such as lipsync of course makes sense and I understood there's scripts for that. For TTS there's an open source lib, btw, Festival, but I don't think it can sing :o

I don't know that fl studio, am curious to learn how you did the singing with it, but I figure better talk about that on some more suitable forum.

-Toni