[Bf-committers] Blender

Αντώνης Ρυακιωτάκης kalast at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:13:53 CEST 2011

> The baaic idea is about adding a piano roll, whose notes would also be used
> for a vocoder (both ) and the text to speech would be modulated on the
> vocoder.
> I made a text to speech singing this way using fl studio on windows, can't
> see why is it so hard renting some code from LADSPA and LMMS.
> As for the lip sync thing, it's just a plus about predefining facial moves
> with a standard skeleton.

LADSPA is like VST for linux. So how exactly would this work? Do you want
blender to support LADSPA plugins, which doesn't make sense since it's not a
DAW, or do you want it to act as a LADSPA plugin which I think will cause
too many issues to happen?
Basically we have to add midi functionality to blender for this to be
supported(support for midi file reading, GUI for midi+vocoder and underlying
system+algorithms), which is hard(see answer by neXyon).
'Already well known' is not a justification at all. A better question is:
'Are the algorithms well (as opposed to functionality) known and easily
integrated?'. 'Can't see why is it so hard' says clearly 'Not a coder'.In
the case that you are a coder and you do find this easy then by all means
welcome to the team :)
Fruity Loops and  LMMS are widely different applications and Fruity Loops is
commercial so no chance getting any code from them, plus they are
-specialized- software for audio processing. For lip synch I think there
is/was something in the works with waveforms? Not sure though.