[Bf-committers] Syntax Highlighting & Alternate Languages

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Jul 27 06:52:05 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Sinan Hassani <sinan.hassani at gmail.com>wrote:

> I use GameKit and this feature would be very useful. It would also be
> nice to add HLSL and Cg highlighting in addition to Lua and GLSL. Some
> people are using blender2ogre plugin with GameKit and therefore use the
> Blender text editor to write Ogre materials which might include both
> HLSL and GLSL shaders (using Ogre unified shader mechanism). So syntax
> highlighting of other languages would be very useful.

Yep, there are other examples such as Renderman SL, too.

Perhaps it would be better if such functionality could be accessible via the
python API so people could write their own types of syntax highlighting
independently. At least defining a list of common keywords to highlight
would be nice!

Not a terribly high priority request though in my personal opinion.

cheers

Matt