[Bf-committers] Syntax Highlighting & Alternate Languages

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Wed Jul 27 05:07:25 CEST 2011

On Jul 26, 2011, at 9:48 PM, Benjamin Tolputt wrote:

> tl;dr:
> -------------
> I would like to add alternate language syntax highlighting to Blender
> (Lua for myself & GLSL for other Blender users at this time). My
> examination of the code indicates no RNA extras are needed and minimal
> code change, but if I make a patch to allow it - will it be accepted by
> the core development team?

It sounds like a good reason to me for it to be included.  Assuming it doesn't
create any conflicts, I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be something to
include, unless it has some external library requirements that makes blender
more complicated and or it add's quite a bit to the file size.
If there are conflicts I'm sure they can be worked around.

Kent