[Bf-committers] automatic CLang static checker is up

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:52:09 CEST 2011

Setup llvm/clang/blender today do auto builds (every 4 hours atm).

We may also use this system to generate & upload api docs & run ctest later on.

The output of static checker can be found here:

 http://clang.blenderheads.org/trunk

For this to be really useful though we need a way to track the errors
- blacklist false positives for eg, find newly added errors, I don't
have time to set this up right now but it should not be too tricky.
CLang's scan-build can output plist rather then HTML, so just a matter
of reading in the reports with pythons 'plistlib' and finding new
errors.
If anyone's interested to do this - feel free to have a go, don't be shy! :)

Thanks to Daniel Salazar and Nathan Letwory for getting me setup with
the server.

For details, see this page.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Ideasman42/BlenderClang#Continuous_Static_Checker_Server

--