[Bf-committers] Feature request: Partial save to defaults ...

Jass gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Tue Jul 26 11:10:57 CEST 2011

Hi.

I am often in the middle of some modelling when i want to
tweek my custom settings. And sometimes i tweek the settings
while watching their impact on my current scene until i am
satisfied with the settings. Then i want to store them.

Simple example: In the middle of my modelling someone told me
about the loop-tools. So i open the preferences, locate the loop-tool
add-on, enable it, and to not forget it i save to defaults... Boooom...

Don't tell me this never happened to you ;-)

Wouldn't it be much more convenient to store the user preset settings
independent from the rest of the current state ?

In the easiest implementation that would need 2 buttons
"save presets to defaults" and "save all to defaults"

A little more versatile, use 3 buttons in the user preferences:

"save current tab-setings to defaults"
"save user presets to defaults"
"save scene to defaults"

Or when save to defaults is hit, open a modal window,
where you can checkmark what to store.

Or add " storage tab" to the presets where you can preset what you want to
store when you hit "save defaults" ;-)