[Bf-committers] new dependencies for (spacenav / ndof / 3D mouse) support

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 01:12:59 CEST 2011

Daniel Salazar wrote:
> Double reading the comments you posted it seems they are talking about
> *fly mode*, which as I said works as expected

Those comments were about orbit navigation, with some fly-mode
sprinkles on top. For the one that mentioned fly mode, I was standing
right beside him, so I'm doubly sure! Whatever they're smoking, it
seems to be popular.

> When you navigate your normal view (not fly mode) you do it in object
> space and not in camera space, ie: drag mouse to the left and "camera"
> orbits to the right, that is why this mode should really work inverted
> as it is right now. It's really what feels natural

Ok, you convinced me. I have much respect for your work and
professional opinion, so will add the option to orbit in either object
or target-camera mode. As for which is the default... we can
rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock for it. The config file workaround
would fix this but break all the other parts you say work well. Give
me a few minutes...

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire