[Bf-committers] Oddity, Feature, or bug ? Some observations

Jass gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sun Jul 24 20:39:50 CEST 2011

Hi.

I have recently made a tutorial (not exactly about Blender, but using
Blender to demonstrate some methods).
After reviewing the video i found some parts where i think that Blender
could be changed
for improved user experience and quicker workflow.

I created a rather longish report on my observations here:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?225610-Oddities-and-feature-request-for-the-Modelling-Workflow-...&p=1907733&viewfull=1#post1907733

So i thought, maybe i better report it in this mailing list too. So
whoever is concerned might find this a helpfull input from an "average
user" ...
And here is the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBtVsC0lfZs

And here is an abbreviated list of the topics i am reporting:

* Adding materials
* Selecting collapsed vertices
* Deleting face loops
* Edited edges and vertices hidden by material settings
* Manually slicing edge loops
* Seams get removed when adjacent edge loops are deleted
* Seam crossings and edge loop selection
* unwrap -> cylinder projection
* Using multiple textures on one object is a headache
* Baking several textures

thanks for reading!