[Bf-committers] Blender Foundation - softwarefreedom.org

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 24 20:21:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

Not sure who here read the Harmony website. Here's an interesting
critic of it:
http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2011/07/07/harmony-harmful.html

In short - my impression too - the agreement has a very high and
complex rate of statements to solely protect and serve the
organization. It's quite disputable what a developer benefits from it...

The much more friendly readable "Sign off" from Linux kernel is
something too:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.commits.head/33254

Not that I like to see this overhead for each of our commits; will
study further :)

-Ton-