[Bf-committers] Blender developer IRC meeting notes, July 24 2011

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 19:08:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 07/24/2011 06:05 PM, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> - Daniel Salazar proposes a small default key switch: to keep Shift
> +Ctrl+S for "Save-as", and make Alt+Ctrl+S for transform option "Push/
> Pull". Both were in use for "save as", which is unneeded.

Alt+Ctrl+S is "save a copy", which is save with "save copy" enabled,
easy to leave breadcrumbs behind.

I usually do Alt+Ctrl+S, save in a backup blend for safety and go on a
main blend.

Personally I'd prefer not to lose that.

It's very handy when you want to save a backup without using "save as"
saving with a version number just to end up working in that versioned blend.

> - A discussion started on Add-On quality and reviewing process. Luca
> Bonavita mentions the add-on tracker can be used to downgrade status
> of provided scripts too. Proposal is to start meeting regular about it
> in irc, 1st sunday month.

Also, we have decided to use
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-python/
to discuss addons officially from now on

Regards,
Luca