[Bf-committers] Blender Foundation - softwarefreedom.org

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 24 18:16:17 CEST 2011

Hi Douglas,

Ehh, let me rephrase -- tricky bizz this :) -- simply said:

Although law demands you to "know the law" (you cannot claim ignorance
of it), the law doesn't demand you to know all patents or all
registrations of IP. Unless you evidently investigated it, or should
have known by common publications in your area of interest. Etc.

I'm not a lawyer! Just stay away from it!

-Ton-