[Bf-committers] python32_d.dll requires MSVC9

J. stargeizer at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 00:20:04 CEST 2011

To be able to compile Blender using MSVC 2010 (x86 at least) without recompilling some of the libraries you need to disable:

- Openexr
- Opencollada

And this is for non debug builds. This way Blender builds and is quite stable when compilled with MSVC 2010.

Is possible to compile Blender using MSVC 2010 with all the features enabled, but this require you manually recompille using MSVC 2010:

- Python
- Openexr
- OpenCollada
- Zlib (for x86 only, x64 will build fine)

And manually replace these on the LIB directory, or modify the cmake scripts and filelists for the linking phase. Scons will build only if you replace the old libraries in the LIB folder for the new libraries, since scons is still not updated to support MSVC 2010 (x86) and/or MSVC 2010+Windows 7 x64 SDK (for x64 builds), and will use the components taken from the environment assuming that MSVC 2008 is installed.

And if you want to build cycles, you really need to recompile all it's dependencies. Good Luck with Boost ;).

I've uploading builds done with MSVC 2010 to graphicall in the past, but Real Life (TM) issues keeps me to do anything serious nowadays. Maybe in the future i will upload again these, but don't hold your breath for now.

Regards.

J.