[Bf-committers] Help needed! Animation problems for 3D Audio GSoC

neXyon nexyon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 11:34:23 CEST 2011

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply, but I had no internet for 3 days.

Lars: The problem is that the Data API in blender doesn't have such
mutexes and as such isn't thread safe, I guess making blender thread
safe in this way, requires a GSoC project or even more on its own.

Knapp: This is not about interpolation ;-) And why it's not readable?
Imagine a thread accesses a pointer while another thread deletes that
memory?!

Brett: This doesn't change anything regarding the data access.

Sergey: Well yes, the question is whether the main thread can do such a
preprocessing. At least the cache can be updated with the current frame
value once it's reached so that the value is correct at least the second
time you playback after a change (not doing changes between first and
second playback for sure).

Regards