[Bf-committers] Material Nodes: No normals in worldspace?

michael williamson michaelw at cowtoolsmedia.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 09:15:54 CEST 2011

On 21/07/11 00:37, Tobias Oelgarte wrote:
> in
> this simple case. It could be much easier and powerful to have
> worldspace normals and maybe even the view-vector in wordspace
> coordinates. This would allow many new possibilities for reflection
> mapping and other cool stuff. On top of that it would work smoothly
> together with GLSL and shouldn't be so hard to implement. Maybe this can
> convince one of the programming gods to implement this feature?

It would be much easier!

For reflection I've found the current system works fine, but if normals
were changed to world space then view would have to as well....

It'd be nice to get object origins and current shading points world
coordinates available in the nodes too  so you could do "x distance"
from "empty" for example...

I know you can a bit of that in texture nodes... but would be nice in
material nodes!