[Bf-committers] Fwd: knifeless.blend animation

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Wed Jul 20 00:06:49 CEST 2011

 One of the things that makes the softimage (for example) knife 'better'
is that you can continue to navigate the view while in the knife
mode.(imagine cutting e.g. a wrinkle around a character's trouser leg).
I had a brief misunderstanding when 2.5 'non blocking/non modal' stuff
was announced that this meant that this artist friendly functionality
was coming to blender (also useful for e.g. circle select), however my
hopes were dashed when I realized 'non blocking' meant 'artists now have
to redundantly hold down keys on their keyboards' (joke)

 In seriousness: if this is at all possible given the 2.5 architecture
it would be a big increase in functionality.