[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [38452] trunk/blender/source/blender/ editors/space_node/node_header.c: Removed the autoconnect call when adding new nodes, this hardly ever gives usable results and leads to annoy

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Mon Jul 18 00:11:49 CEST 2011

I agree the old behaviour was pretty awful sometimes. Perhaps it can be
improved by making it more explicit and context sensitive.

For example in Houdini if you add a node (RMB/Tab) on empty space in the
network view, it will add the node on its own, where if you RMB to add a
node, but clicking on an existing node's output, it will connect the new
node up to that output. This is really handy, and *much* better than
preferences or alternate hotkeys for different versions of the same too (I'm
not too keen on how this is creeping into blender's compositor).

Same in Fusion (compositor) - adding a node clicking in empty space will add
it on its own, clicking on an existing node will insert it after that node
in the stream.

Matt